The CORM is designed to provide benefits to anyone in a role involving the management of operational risks. It involves studying key concepts related to operational risk management and then passing an independent exam to demonstrate that understanding. It can also give organisations and regulators a basis for evidencing the competency of individuals and teams and that they can rely on their understanding of sound operational risk management tools and techniques.
The CORM is accredited by ATHE an awarding body regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It has been assessed at QCF Level 4 (pre foundation degree) in the UK and at EQF Level 5 within Europe.
It is a self-learning programme based on a self-contained Workbook authored by operational risk practitioners and industry experts. It is expected to take between 130 to 150 hours to study the Workbook content and complete the practical exercises as preparation to take the exam.
For full details of what’s involved review the CORM Important Information page
- Learn operational risk management concepts from a Workbook authored by operational risk practitioners and industry experts.
- Utilise the concepts learnt from the programme to develop an operational risk management framework and processes within in your organisation.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional knowledge of managing operational risks to your professional stakeholders (e.g. employers).
- One-year membership of the Institute, which will enable you to attend events and network with operational risk management professionals within the industry.
- Develop a common understanding of the fundamental concepts of operational risk management across all employees involved in management of operational risks.
- Provide assurance to the governance bodies (e.g. risk committees, regulators) that employees are certified by an independent industry organisation.
“The IOR Certificate in Operational Risk Management has added real value to my self-development and potentially career opportunities by providing me with a working knowledge of a subject that I had limited prior exposure to. The course content was complemented by real-life examples to illustrate operational risk concepts providing for a much better appreciation of the subject and its implications.”
Ellis Williams, Consultant – Financial Crime at National Australia Bank Limited
“As a Line 1 operational risk senior manager in the HR function I found the IOR Certificate in Operational Risk Management valuable because the key concepts covered in the workbook align to the framework and tools I use on a day to day basis. This confirmed my existing knowledge and understanding giving me the confidence that I manage operational risk effectively.”
Debbie Moore, Senior Manager, Risk & Regulation – Human Resources at Santander UK
“The IOR Certificate in Operational Risk Management has given me a comprehensive view of the fundamentals of operational risk management. This has enabled me to better understand how we manage risk within my own organisation and add value in my role as a Line 1 operational risk manager in the HR function.”
Justine Keys, HR Risk Manager, Risk & Regulation – Human Resources at Santander UK
How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for 2017. Individuals may apply directly using the link below. Organisations wishing to purchase a block should contact us using the link below.