1. To act honestly and fairly at all times when dealing with members of the Institute of Operational Risk, peers within Operational Risk and related disciplines and the broader public and to be a good steward of their interests, taking into account the nature of your business relationship with each of them, the nature of the services and support to be provided to them and the individual instructions given by them.
2. To act with integrity in fulfilling the responsibilities of your membership of the Institute and to seek to avoid any acts, omissions or business practices which damage the reputation of your organisation in the management of Operational Risk or the Operational Risk Management industry.
3. To observe applicable law, regulations and professional conduct standards when carrying out Operational Risk Management activities, and to interpret and apply them to the best of your ability according to principles rooted in trust, honesty and integrity.
4. To be alert to and manage fairly and effectively and to the best of your ability any relevant conflict of interest.
5. To attain and actively manage a level of professional competence appropriate to your responsibilities, to commit to continuing learning to ensure the currency of your knowledge, skills and expertise and to promote the development of others.
6. To strive to uphold the highest personal and professional standards.
7. To act honestly and fairly at all times when dealing with clients, customers and counterparties and to be a good steward of their interests, taking into account the nature of the business relationship with each of them, the nature of the service to be provided to them and the individual instructions given by them.