Date(s) - Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - Thursday, May 21, 2015
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
On May 20-21st, 2015 the Operational Risk Forum will take place for the fourth time, this year in the Collegium Leoninum in Bonn.
Under the title “Challenges in Operational Risk Management (ORM)”The Operational Risk Forum 2015 deals with the various and growing challenges for the stakeholders of Operational Risk.
The Uncertainty in the regulatory environment becomes bigger:
- What will the outcome of the plan of the Basle Committee to revise the simpler approaches be?
- Will the AMA persist? If yes, which changes are about to come? How will a possible “floor” for an AMA look like?
- Which further changes are of relevance?
- Which impact has the new organizational structure of the regulators (changes of requirements, audits, communication, contact persons)?
The risk map is going to change further on:
- Which of the top 10 OpRisks are challenging most?
- Which further developed, which new products contain OpRisks in particular?
- How can the rapidly growing cyber risk be encountered? Is it necessary to put an ORM 2.0 against Web 2.0? What would this mean in practical terms?
The requirements visavis the parties involved are growing:
- Do the resources in ORM need to be re-dimensioned? Which priorities need to be set in case of limited staffing?
- How shall the qualification profiles look like in future? Which consequences can be derived for education and training in ORM?
- What needs to be changed in the cooperation amongst the departments mainly involved in the ORM process? Did the 3-lines-of-defense model turn out to be appropriate?
- How can the OpRisk awareness be strengthened in the company? Can training for cyber risk help?
These and other questions are the focus of the event, which aims to promote personal contacts and intellectual exchange with business partners and colleagues.
The Operational Risk Forum is organized by the Institute of Operational Risk ( IOR ) and the magazine RISK MANAGER. This event brings together a highly qualified group of speakers, panelists and roundtable moderators, and other operational risk professionals from the regulatory, banking and insurance practice.
The conference language is English on the first day, and German on the second.
Cost details for members, non-members:
IOR members: 99 €, IOR non-members: 349 €
Meals and refreshments included.
You can register under
Registration May 20, 12.30pm – Flying Lunch 1.00pm – Beginning 2.00pm
End of Forum May 21, 4.00 pm.
The days agendas are available here:-
- http://opriskforum.de/index.php?id=1001 (20th May)
- http://opriskforum.de/index.php?id=5487 (21st May)
In case of questions please contact Walter Dutschke, Head of the IOR German Chapter
Overnight stay to be booked separately.
Subject to change