Date(s) - Friday, November 18, 2016
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Royal Bank of Scotland
IOR Scottish Chapter are delighted to be able to confirm the finalised programme for the 6th annual conference which will take place on Friday 18th November at RBS Gogarburn.
Our full day programme will give attendees the opportunity to hear from a number of industry experts and practitioners. Throughout the day, the common thread will be resilience but through a number of different lenses; the regulator, outsourced operations, technology and last, but not least, people and behaviours.
As well as 4 plenary sessions with Q&A opportunities, attendees will have the opportunity to pick two from four break-out sessions. These sessions, with smaller numbers, provide an opportunity for more interactive sessions to engage in debate and dialogue with the presenters and fellow participants.
A range of professional subject matter experts will be joining us to present throughout the day on a resilience theme and topics will include:
- Maintaining Operational Resiliency With Increasing Cyber Risk, Increasing Staff Indifference And Decreasing Budgets – Jennifer Moodie, Director of Operational Risk, Risk Division, Santander
- Lies, extortion and theft – Cybercrime in 2016 – Rik Ferguson, Global VP Security Research, TrendMicro
- Looking out into the horizon – the evolving risk landscape – Patrick Alcantara, Senior Research Manager, Business Continuity Institute
- Business Resilience (Definition, Strategy, Appetite and Embedding) – Jerry Marshall, RBS
- Establishing A Value Adding Insurable Risk Programme – Richard Mais
- Digital & Cyber Risk – Manu Sharma & Neil Furnivall, Grant Thornton
- The 3 Rs: Resilience, Reputation and Risk Culture. The role of operational risk managers – Dr Simon Ashby, Associate Professor of Financial Services at the Plymouth Business School
Cost for the full day programme is:
- IOR Members: £50
- CIOBS and IIA members: £100
- Non-members: £150
Places are limited and will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. To avoid missing out, register now, using the link below
Any further questions can be sent to Heather Morrison, IOR Scottish Chapter Member at Heather.Morrison@Skipton.co.uk.