Date(s) - Monday, November 12, 2018
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Gogarburn Conference Centre
IOR Scottish Chapter are delighted to be able to confirm that the 8th Scottish Chapter conference will take place on Monday 12th November and will once again be hosted at the RBS Conference Centre at Gogarburn.
The agenda will focus on common topics of discussion, challenge and debate for operational risk practitioners – operational risk appetite, embedding operational risk and reporting. The agenda is a little different this year with three key topics and linked breakout sessions developing on the plenary sessions. The formal element of the day will finish at 14:00 and will be following by lunch and networking opportunities.
Our agenda will give you the opportunity to hear from a number of industry experts and practitioners and our confirmed speakers and facilitators are:
- George Clark, Chair of the Institute of Operational Risk – Appetite: What is it and what does good look like.
- Simon Ashby, Associate Professor of Financial Services at the Plymouth Business School – How getting Appetite and integration right can help to tackle Top 10 risks.
- Phil Aitken, Head of Risk Oversight (Consumer Finance), Conduct, Compliance and Operational Risk, Risk Division, Lloyds Banking Group – Aligning OR Strategy to Risk Appetite Reporting
- Lisa Lucchesi, Director, Head of Operational Risk – Savings, Investments & Wealth Management and Business Banking, Barclays UK Operational Risk – Integrating ORMF Components
- Richard Mais, Associate Partner, EY – Integrating ORMF and business processes
- Colin Morrison, Head of Operational Risk, Sainsbury’s Bank – Risk Assessment approaches and linkages to Appetite
As well as plenary sessions with Q&A opportunities, attendees will have the opportunity to attend break-out sessions. These sessions, with smaller numbers, provide an opportunity for more interactive sessions to engage in debate and dialogue with the facilitator and fellow participants.
Cost for the event is:
IOR Members: £50