Date(s) - Friday, March 15, 2013
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Institute of Operational Risk is pleased to advise that the next event will take place on the 15th March 2013 from 9:00 to 16:30, generously sponsored by Toronto Dominion Securities. The title of the event is ‘Key Themes for Operational Risk Professionals – 2013’.
As we design strategy and business plan for the year, what are the key themes and priorities for Operational Risk professionals in 2013? The day event will provide an exciting mix of speakers covering a variety of angles, from regulatory expectations to enhancing own brand.
Please find the agenda for the event below and use the link to register.
- 09:00 Registration
- 09:20 Welcome and Introduction – Brian Smith, Vice Chair and Regional Head, Europe & Asia Pacific, TD Securities; Helen Pykhova, IOR
- 09:30 Andrew Sheen, Manager, Risk Infrastructure Team, Risk Specialist Division, FSA – ‘Regulatory expectations in the changing landscape’
- 10:05 Steve Strickland, Detective Inspector, Economic Crime Directorate, City of London Police – ‘The Perfect Storm’
- 10:40 Paul Lucraft, Director, Paul Lucraft Associates Ltd – ‘Fraud and risk in the evolving landscape – are you protected?’
- 11:15 Morning refreshments
- 11:40 Patricia Brown, Joint General Manager, SMBCE – ‘Mitigating Regulatory and Reputational risk’
- 12:10 Dr Simon Ashby, FIOR, Plymouth University, IOR Chair – ‘A quest for the Risk Management Holy Grail: Insights into Managing Risk Culture in Financial Institutions’
- 12:45 Lunch
- 13:40 Sean Titley, Head of Operational Risk, Europe & Asia Pacific, TD Securities, ‘Implementing a Local Operational Risk Framework’
- 14:15 David Royston-Lee – ‘Minimizing our personal risk by enhancing our own brand’
- 15:00 Panel session – Andrew Sheen, Simon Ashby, Sean Titley, tbd; moderator – Edward Sankey, Partner, London Risk
- 15:30 Break-out session. All
- 16:00 Responses from break-out session. All
- 16:20 Closing remarks
- 16:30 Networking & drinks
This event is free to IOR members.
For non-members there is a charge of £99.99 before February 22nd or £149.99 after February 22nd. 100% rebate against membership fees is offered if joining the IoR within 1 month of attendance.
It is anticipated that this will be a popular seminar and there is a limited number of spaces therefore you are encouraged to register as soon as possible. Please click here to download a booking form.
We look forward to welcoming you on 15th March.