Date(s) - Tuesday, September 24, 2019
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This event, sponsored by The Protecht Group, will review the key lessons for financial service companies arising from the 2019 Royal Commission report on the Australian banks and the Prudential Regulatory Report on Australia’s largest bank – The CBA.
These Inquiries have set the standard for “The Next Level” in Financial Services risk management.
The presentation and panel will focus on:
- The key aspects of organisational culture that are needed to underpin strong risk management.
- The importance of getting the right focus across the “Voices” of Risk and Reward and across the “Voices” of ALL stakeholders.
- The keys to getting Risk Governance right, especially making the 3 Line of Defence work.
- The implications on risk reporting, risk frameworks and risk systems.
- Remuneration and Incentive Schemes.
15:00 – 15:30 Registration
15:30 – 15:35 Welcome and Introduction – Jimi Hinchliffe – Chairman, IOR England & Wales
15:35 – 16:20 Lessons from the Inquiries into Misconduct and Mismanagement in the Australian Financial Services Industry Royal Commission and the APRA report into the CBA – David Tattam – Director of Research and Training, The Protecht Group
16:20 – 16:45 Networking Coffee Break
16:45 – 17:45 Panel Discussion and Q&A:
- David Tattam (Panel Chair) – The Protecht Group
- George Clark – Consultant and former IOR Chairman
- Lucy McClements – Independent Consultant and former regulator
- Carolyn Williams – Director of Corporate Affairs, Institute of Risk Management
Further panel member to be confirmed
17:45- 18:00 Wrap-up
Followed by networking drinks and canapes reception.
Standard Price: £50
IOR Members: Free
Members please login to this site and book your free tickets below.
Bookings are closed to the public for this event. Members should login to reserve a space.