Date(s) - Wednesday, April 10, 2019
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Institute of Operational Risk England and Wales Chapter and Grant Thornton are hosting an interactive evening of discussion and debate on the top and emerging operational risks for financial services firms in the UK for 2019.
Every year, multiple industry bodies publish their prognosis on the Top and Emerging risks; be it ‘The Global Risk Report’ from the World Economic Forum or perspectives from consultancy firms, to name a few. But how representative are they of the financial services sector in the UK? Are the tops risks we face in the UK similar to that experienced globally? At this roundtable, we will draw on our collective experience and engage via live poll and group discussion to identify top and emerging risks that ‘keep us awake at night’. What should be on the radar of financial services firms here in the UK? And importantly, is it embedded in decision making and adds true value to the business?
Our workshop facilitator, Elena Pykhova, is the Chair of the Operational Risk Committee of the Association of Foreign Banks and former IOR Director for Education, and is exceptionally experienced in running workshops and getting participants involved.
- Top and Emerging operational risks in financial services in the UK for 2019
- Key challenges to overcome in ensuring these risks get appropriate attention indecision making
- 16:00 – 16:30
- 16:30 – 16:35
- Welcome and Introduction – Joshua Ratilal, General Manager, Meetig8 UK
- 16:35 – 16:40
- Overview of the Institute of Operational Risk (IOR) – Sean Titley, Director, Business Development, IOR
- 16:40 – 17:00
- Regulatory Hot Spots – Anthony Ma, Head of Prudential Assurance for Financial Services, Grant Thornton
- 17:00 – 18:00
- Live Poll and Group Discussion on ‘Top and Emerging Risks’ – Elena Pykhova, Director, The OpRisk Company (Facilitator) Close and Networking Drinks
- 18:00 – 18:30
- Close and Networking Drinks
Bookings are closed to the public for this event. Members should login to reserve a space.