Date(s) – Tuesday, October 11, 2016
This summit is being organised in association with the City of London Corporation and with the support of TheCityUK. A number of the other major trade associations across the City are also supporting.
The thinking behind the summit is that it would be useful to bring together c-suite representatives from all sectors of the financial services industry after the Summer break to hear (a) where the UK Government stands in terms of its preparations for negotiating the UK’s exit from the EU, (b) the initial thoughts of the various bodies and working groups that have been set up across the City to formulate the industry’s response for individual sectors and (c) the views of a number of leading figures in the FS industry about their in-house planning for BREXIT.
The speakers at the conference will be drawn from leading City figures and members of the various bodies and working groups referred to above that are working on this issue. Mark Boleat, Chairman of the Policy & Resources Committee, and Miles Celic, Chief Executive Designate, will be speaking on behalf of the City of London Corporation and TheCityUK, respectively.
The programme will provide delegates with a thorough analysis of the situation as is stands in the early autumn.
Topics to be covered include:
- The Government’s stance on negotiating Brexit: key policy priorities and timescales
- Government policies for supporting the UK Financial Services Industry through the transition
- The business challenge of BREXIT: threats and opportunities
- Securing the EU financial Services “passport’
- Negotiating third country trade agreements
- The challenge to legislators and regulators
Speakers to date:
- Baroness Shriti Vadera, UK Chairman, Santander, and Former Government Minister
- Sir Adrian Montague, Chairman, Aviva Group plc
- John Nelson, Chairman, Lloyd’s of London
- Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman, JP Morgan Securities and Chairman, Financial Reporting Council
- Helena Morrissey, Chief Executive, Newton Asset Management
- Robert Rooney, Chief Executive, Morgan Stanley International
- James Bardrick, UK Country Officer, Citi
- David Peniket, President and Chief Operating Officer, ICE Futures Europe
- Hon. Alexander Downer AC, Australian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom
- Mark Boleat, Chairman of the Policy & Resources Committee, City of London Corporation
- Miles Celic, Chief Executive Designate, TheCityUK
- Chris Bates, Partner and Head of the Financial Regulatory Practice, Clifford Chance
- Anthony Belchambers, Chairman, Saxo Capital Markets, and Non-Executive Director, NLX
- Michael Kent, Partner and Global Head of Finance and Projects Division, Linklaters
- Simon Lewis, Chief Executive, Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME)
- Jan Putnis, Partner and Head of Financial Regulation, Slaughter and May
- Hugh Savill, Director of Regulation, Association of British Insurers (ABI)
- David Strachan, Head of EMEA Centre for Financial Strategy and Partner, Deloitte
- Vishal Vedi, Partner, Deloitte
- Lord Blackwell, Chairman, Lloyds Banking Group
- Anthony Browne, Chief Executive, British Bankers Association
IOR Members can get 20% off the cost of this event. In order to see the discount code below you must be logged in as an active IOR member.
|Standard Delegate Fee:||Discounted Delegate Fee:|
|£595.00 + VAT||£476.00 + VAT|
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1932 340115|