Date(s) - Wednesday, December 3, 2014
8:00 am - 4:45 pm
Ikeja Sheraton Hotels and Towers
- Understand new regulatory changes in operational risk capital calculation.
- Promote risk culture through effective and efficient Operational Risk Management.
- Drive the role of Operational Risk Management in organization’s strategy
- Drive the three lines of defence in the organization
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Be able to make a “business case” for Operational Risk Management function in playing a critical role in strategic decisions
- Be abreast of leading industry standards and good practice for Operational Risk Management
- Be able to promote risk culture in their organisations.
- Understand why the three lines of defence should be embedded in all levels within a firm
Registration of Participants
Key Note Address
An overview of the new Basel changes in operational risk capital calculation and the building blocks for compliance
9:30-10:00 TEA/APPLE BREAK
Three lines of defence, is integral to the DNA of the firm
Embedding risk culture in the psychic of the financial institutions
Environmental and Social Risk: What is the role of Operational Risk Management?
Beak Out Sessions: Two – Three Cells
12:45 -1:30 RICE/SWALLOW BREAK
Break-out sessions – Presentations by representatives from Cells
Operational Risk Management: The new centerpiece of Organization’s Strategy
Revisiting Operational Risk Management Tools of Trade
o Personal Takeaways-Resources
o Key Messages