The Institute of Operational Risk Scottish Chapter is pleased to offer IOR members the opportunity to join, free of charge, a webcast organised by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment.
With the extension of the Senior Manager & Certification Regime to all regulated firms in December, there are lessons firms can take from the banking sector who have been subject to the regime since 2016. Notably, that whilst meeting the December deadline is an understandable priority, the real heavy lifting comes in the ongoing management and compliance of the regimes.
• Overall awareness and understanding of SM&CR
• The practical experience of the banking sector having already implemented SM&CR
• The role technology can play in helping firms to implement the regimes
Panel of speakers:
• Andrew Otter, Manager of Accountability, FCA
• Victoria Swaysland, Programme Director for Senior Managers, Certification & Conduct Regime & Structural Reform, Barclays
• Richard Walsh, Associate Partner Banking and Capital Markets, EY
• Carl Redfern, Compliance Director, Redland
Simply send details of your name, company and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 5th April.
Date for your diary:
The next event event from the IOR Scotland will be on the morning of Thursday 9th May: “Operational Resilience”. More details will be published shortly.
Anti-money laundering (AML) is expensive and labour-intensive, and artificial intelligence (AI) can offer improved efficiency gains. Could they be a match made in heaven? This Risk.net webinar, in association with NICE Actimize, took place amid the strain on banks’ back offices driven by the lockdown in response to the global Covid‑19 pandemic, and explores this potential […]