Welcome to this edition of the Newsletter of the Institute of Operational Risk. This publication is designed to help keep members and non-members informed of developments within the industry and also within the IOR itself. If you would like further information about any of the issues raised in this newsletter, or have any suggestions about how we can improve the content or design, please do not hesitate to contact the Editorial team at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.IOR Newsletter - Aug 2017 (638 downloads)
Share this2 likes
Best Practices in Assessment of Risks slides now availableIOR Admin, , IOR News, 0
The Best Practices in Assessment of Risks slides are now available to download by IOR members. Click the link below:
IOR Newsletter – October 2017Lee Evans, , IOR News, 0
Welcome to this edition of the Newsletter of the Institute of Operational Risk. This publication is designed to help...
Michael Grimwade – Scenario AnalysisZaq Mughal, , IOR News, 0
Michael Grimwade’s ‘Scenario Analysis’ article is now available for IOR members to download! “In a fast-changing world in which...
Lessons Learnt..Emerging Threats PresentationLee Evans, , IOR News, 0
Following on from the workshop on September 18th – Lessons learnt for Op Risk managers from the Global Financial Crisis...
Recent Scottish Chapter 1st Inaugural Annual Conference (Oct 2011)Lee Evans, , IOR News, 0
The Scottish Chapter of the IOR held it’s 1st Annual Conference on Friday 28th October 2011 at Glasgow Caledonian...
Managing Operational Risk – Michael GrimwadeZaq Mughal, , IOR News, Publications, 0
The recent financial crisis has led to unprecedented levels of operational risk losses. In Managing Operational Risk: New Insights...
IORM Integrated Operational Risk ManagementLee Evans, , IOR News, 0
IORM Integrated Operational Risk Management The abbreviation IORM is not a new product of one of the largest...
New Generation Operational Risk: EuropeZaq Mughal, , Dutch Chapter, England and Wales Chapter, German Chapter, IOR News, Irish Chapter, Scottish Chapter, 0
We are pleased to announce that we will be supporting the 3rd Annual New Generation Operational Risk: Europe Summit....
Finextra Research Headlines
- Goldman Sachs fintech boss Stephanie Cohen takes leave of absence June 9, 2023The boss of Goldman Sachs' recently created "Platform Solutions" fintech unit, Stephanie Cohen, is taking a leave of absence for personal reasons.
- Binance.US suspends dollar deposits June 9, 2023Days after the SEC sued it, the US arm of Binance says it is suspending dollar deposits and that its banking partners are preparing to pause dollar withdrawal channels.
- British Business Bank names Chantal Geall hief risk officer June 9, 2023The British Business Bank has appointed Chantal Geall as its new Chief Risk Officer (CRO), effective from September 2023. Chantal Geall joins the British Business Bank from Lumon Pay, a private equity-backed firm that provides payment services and foreign exchange to private individuals, small businesses and institutions.
- Starling CEO Boden stepped down following investor row - FT June 9, 2023Anne Boden stepped down as CEO of Starling last month after clashing with investors over a sharp drop in the challenger's valuation, according to the Financial Times.
- Starling introduces virtual cards for joint current accounts June 9, 2023Starling Bank is introducing virtual cards for Joint Current Account customers, after a successful roll-out to Personal Current Accounts in December 2022. Joint Current Account holders can now use virtual cards to double down on their budgeting skills, keep track of joint subscriptions and spend with even more security.