On 6th October 2014, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision released a consultative document (BCBS291) on a proposed replacement for the BIA and TSA/ASA approaches towards the calculation of operational risk capital and interested parties were invited to provide written comments. The official IOR response (and others) can be accessed via the following link:http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs291/comments.htm
- Zaq Mughal, , IOR News, 0
The Institute of Operational Risk have successfully negotiated one free pass to New Generation Operational Risk 2016. To enter...
- Lee Evans, , IOR News, Scottish Chapter, 0
Members may now download the presentations from the Scottish IOR 2014 Conference hosted on the 7th November 2014. Click here to...
- Lee Evans, , IOR News, 0
Due to an overwhelming response for the last event, we are organising another workshop to do a deep dive...
- Emran Uddin, , IOR News, Publications, 0
The IOR is delighted to announce the release of the latest in a series of Sound Practice Guides (SPGs)...
Transitioning from the military into Operational Risk: Ian Philpot, VP Senior Risk Specialist at Bank of America Merrill LynchRory Poole, , IOR News, military, operational risk, veterans, 0
Risk in Focus: Transitioning from the military into Operational Risk Ian Philpot Vice President Senior Risk Specialist at Bank...
- VTB & Rostelecom’s Big Data platform completes MPC testing July 23, 2021Specialists from VTB and Rostelecom’s ‘Big Data Platform’ joint venture have tested a new, confidential computing technology called Multi-Partial Computations (MPC).
- Blockchain-based commercial payments firm Paystand raises $50m July 23, 2021Blockchain-enabled commercial payments outfit Paystand has raised $50 million in a Series C round of funding led by NewView Capital.
- India and Nigeria push ahead with CBDC plans July 23, 2021India and Nigeria, two of the world's largest emerging economies, are ramping up their plans to launch central bank digital currencies.
- Nationwide joins $5 million round in charitable giving startup Percent July 23, 2021Nationwide Building Society has doubled down on its interest in charitable donation startup Percent, joining in a $5 million venture round led by Morpheus Ventures.
- Klarna buys German shopping app Stocard July 23, 2021Flush from a recent $639 million mega-raise, BNPL giant Klarna has reportedly splashed €113 million on German discount shopping app Stocard.