The Inaugural meeting of the Institute of Operational Risk, Nigeria Chapter was hosted by United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc in Lagos on April 7, 2011. We have commenced the process of getting the Chapter registered, as affiliate of the Institute of Operational Risk London, with the following as aims:
- Promoting the development and discipline of operational risk in Nigeria
- Fostering and maintaining investigation and research into the best means and methods of developing and applying the discipline of operational risk to ensure the continual improvement of methods, techniques and knowledge
- Encouraging, disseminating and promoting knowledge, education and training and exchanging of information and ideas and on-going professional development and networking.
- Developing a robust and informative centre for operational risk management.
- Ensuring sound practice guidance through the development/adoption of series of sound practice guidance papers providing the know-how for a variety of operational risk management practices. This shall be accomplished, among others, through the adoption of the sound practice documents as shall be issued by the Institute of Operational Risk London from time to time.
- Determining what standards of knowledge and skill shall to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the Institute and raising those standards from time to time as may be directed by the mother body in London.
Upcoming EventsNo Events
Friday, December 2, 2016 - All Day
Thursday, December 3, 2015 - All Day
Wednesday, December 3, 2014 - 8:00 am - 4:45 pm
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - All Day
See Past Nigeria Chapter Events
Local Chapter NewsIOR News, Nigeria Chapter
Slides from the 2nd December 2016 Nigerian Chapter event ‘IOR Nigeria Chapter – Annual Conference 2016’ are now available for download by members only. To access these documents, login and head here…
BVN Enabling the tracking and reporting of fraudsters in the Nigerian Banking Industry Slides now availablePosted on November 8, 2016, in IOR News, Nigeria Chapter
Slides from the BVN Enabling the tracking and reporting of fraudsters in the Nigerian Banking Industry presentation are now available for download below…Nigeria Chapter
On July 30, 2015, the Nigeria Chapter organized a one day event tagged “Deriving positive value from OpRisk Management Practice”. The event was hosted as usual by United Bank for Africa Plc. The following papers/discussions were presented/held. Creating value from risk events. Process designs and control management. Management of people’s risk in low incentive and values. KRIs embedded in risk […]Nigeria Chapter
Theme: Value creation through embedding risk culture in the organization The Nigerian Chapter held a very successful Annual Operational Risk Conference at Ikeja Sheraton Hotels and Towers on December 3, 2014. The theme was: “Value creation through embedding risk culture in the organization”. An all day event which was kicked off by Edima Ben Ekpo (Nigeria Chapter Head) with the Opening […]