Shruthi has close to two decades of experience in the Financial Services sector and has worked in various geographies and managed stakeholders across continents. She has a breadth of experience ranging from being the Head of Trade Finance to leading an Operations team and Project Management. Shruthi then moved on to Operational Risk and has experience both in the first and second line functions. With an academic focus, she holds an MBA and various other certifications to her merit. Currently working as Director, Operational Risk at MUFG, prior to which Shruthi was a Director at the Royal Bank of Scotland for over 3 years. Shruthi has also held various roles within the first line in her 9 years stint with the ANZ Banking Group Ltd in London. She is passionate about the discipline of Operational Risk as this brings new challenges and learnings every day. Having worked with the IOR for over 2 year in the Education Committee and being instrumental in the launch of CORM, Shruthi has now stepped in as a Director holding the portfolio of Operations and Technology.
- VTB & Rostelecom’s Big Data platform completes MPC testing July 23, 2021Specialists from VTB and Rostelecom’s ‘Big Data Platform’ joint venture have tested a new, confidential computing technology called Multi-Partial Computations (MPC).
- Blockchain-based commercial payments firm Paystand raises $50m July 23, 2021Blockchain-enabled commercial payments outfit Paystand has raised $50 million in a Series C round of funding led by NewView Capital.
- India and Nigeria push ahead with CBDC plans July 23, 2021India and Nigeria, two of the world's largest emerging economies, are ramping up their plans to launch central bank digital currencies.
- Nationwide joins $5 million round in charitable giving startup Percent July 23, 2021Nationwide Building Society has doubled down on its interest in charitable donation startup Percent, joining in a $5 million venture round led by Morpheus Ventures.
- Klarna buys German shopping app Stocard July 23, 2021Flush from a recent $639 million mega-raise, BNPL giant Klarna has reportedly splashed €113 million on German discount shopping app Stocard.